• Broaden the discourse on aging, diversity and formal and informal caregiving for persons with dementia (PWD) and other disabling conditions related to aging.
• Explore ways in which healthcare system innovation can support family caregiving for PWD and other disabling conditions related to aging.
• Explore how technology can enhance family care for PWD and other disabling conditions related to aging.
• Discuss multiple perspectives on emotional, psychosocial and cultural reciprocity for PWD and other disabling conditions related to aging.
• Discuss leadership skills to influence research, education, practice and policy in aging, caregiving and care for PWD.
• Assist attendees in orchestrating full careers, particularly full academic and research careers in aging, related to caregiving and care of PWD.
Note that the conference immediately precedes GSA's Annual Conference
at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center in Boston, MA. If you are attending the GSA conference, we encourage you to reserve rooms using their room block and request to be at the Sheraton Boston. Northeastern University is just over 1/2 mile from the hotel. It's not a bad walk, but we will have a shuttle running between the Sheraton and Northeastern all day. Hotel reservations will open at the end of June.
If you are not attending GSA's conference. We recommend the following hotels: Sheraton Boston
39 Dalton Street, Boston, MA 02199 The Colonnade Boston Hotel
120 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02116 Copley Square Hotel Boston
47 Huntington Ave., Boston MA 02116
While the Sheraton is only two city blocks from Northeastern, we will have a shuttle bus running between the Sheraton and Northeastern for attendees throughout the conference.