Associate Dean of the PhD Program
The University of Maryland, School of Nursing (UMSON) is seeking a dynamic academic leader for the role of Associate Dean of the PhD Program who can align with our core values: accountability, civility, collaboration, diversity, excellence, knowledge, leadership. The Associate Dean of the PhD Program is member of the Dean’s leadership team and collaborates with other Associate Deans, Department Chairs, and faculty to advance the strategic goals of the school. This position reports to the Dean and is 50% administrative, while the remainder will be devoted to one’s own research, practice, teaching and service.
- PhD or equivalent research intensive doctoral degree in Nursing or related field
- Evidence of sustained program of research in areas aligned with UMSON and affiliated university recognized organized research centers (Biology and Behavior Across the Lifespan Organized Research Center, Center for Health Outcomes Research, Center to Advance Chronic Pain Research)
- Experience chairing PhD dissertation committees in Nursing or related discipline
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Eligible for appointment as tenured associate or full professor
- Eligible to serve as a regular faculty member of the UMB Graduate School