in Gerontological Nursing
Given the rapidly growing older adult population and the urgent need to prepare the future nurse workforce to care for an aging population, it is imperative to have well-prepared nurse educators not only with knowledge and skills in care of older adults, but also with teaching competence so that they can foster positive attitudes toward older adults and actively engage learners at all levels.
ALL ACCEPTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL NHCGNE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE.
ANY ACCEPTED APPLICANT WHO IS UNABLE TO ATTEND WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED IN THE AWARD CEREMONY.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You are invited to apply for a Certificate of Recognition for Excellence as a Distinguished Educator in Gerontological Nursing by the National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence (NHCGNE) if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Masters or higher degree in nursing
- Post-baccalaureate academic education in gerontological nursing or related professional development programs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in gerontological nursing education
- Active engagement at the time of application in gerontological/geriatric nursing education which could include, but is not limited to
Teaching aging or gerontological/geriatric nursing content courses. Curriculum development in gerontological nursing or interprofessional geriatric care. Clinical, laboratory, or simulation instruction in gerontological nursing or geriatric care.
Administration or coordination of aging studies, gerontological nursing education, or interprofessional geriatric education programs.
Providing professional development in gerontological nursing and/or professional geriatric care.
The Certificate of Recognition for Excellence as a Distinguished Educator in Gerontological Nursing is awarded with approval by the NHCGNE Board of Directors or designee.
How To Apply
Closed for 2023
Instructions: To be considered for the certificate of recognition, an applicant must:
- Complete PDF Application
- Attach curriculum vitae
- Submit completed application from that demonstrates accural of 30 points in the application.
- Submit appropriate application & application fee using the online portal
Cost to Apply
NHCGNE Member Institution$200
NHCGNE Legacy Member$200
Please only complete the items that apply, do not list identical items in multiple categories, and submit documentation where noted.