Exclusive Membership Advantage
- Opportunities to achieve new levels of professional accomplishment and leadership in gerontological nursing
- A road map for faculty development and career progression
- NHCGNE New Directions and opportunities to advertise (free!)
- Discounted registration for our annual Leadership Conference (Each member institution is eligible for two complimentary registrations and discounted registration for additional attendees. A potential savings of $1,000!)
- Exclusive access to and/or discounts on cutting-edge webinars and online resources developed by NHCGNE experts
- International and inter-professional collegial relationships and mentoring, to support advancing:
- research and quality initiatives
- curricular development and enhancement at all levels of gerontologic nursing education
- policy aimed at improving health of older adults
- Exclusive opportunities to compete for funding and awards
- Access to entrepreneurs in the field of gerontological nursing
- The opportunity to promote their academic institution
- Consultation services for research, instruction, curriculum and program review. (Two hours free for each member institution annually.)
Traditionally NHCGNE membership has been composed of academic institutions. While these members provide us with deep levels of wisdom, expertise, the latest research, and influence to identify and address the issues facing older adults, we are missing the hands-on experience of practitioners who can maximize our ability to effect positive change within gerontological nursing.
We invite individuals not affiliated with an academic institution to apply for individual NHCGNE membership.
Our individual members include nurses working with older adults across health care settings in a variety of roles including staff nurses, advance practice nurses, educators, quality improvement specialists, nurse scientists, consultants, and entrepreneurs.
NHCGNE is a community representing academic institutions and their nursing faculty who are committed to building academic geriatric nursing excellence. Non-faculty nurses also participate as individual members.
- Dispel ageist beliefs and attitudes
- Educate the next generation of nurse educators in gerontological best practices
- Advance gerontological nursing science
- Promote policy that supports equitable and inclusive care to older adults
- Develop age-friendly health systems